db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: Derby 4616
Date Sun, 18 Apr 2010 01:02:34 GMT
On 4/17/2010 10:49 AM, Jayaram Subramanian wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> java.util.PropertyPermission "user.dir", "read";
>
> to avoid the
> Java user name: Security Exception:
> (java.util.PropertyPermission user.name read)
> Java user home: Security Exception:
> (java.util.PropertyPermission user.home read)
>
> we are getting in unfiltered output of SysInfoTest testSysInfoLocale method
>
> To which code base in the policy file i need to add the property
> permission settings

Sysinfo classes are actually included in derby.jar, derbynet.jar,
derbyclient.jar and derbytools.jar.  They also are of course in the
classes directory, so the perssion actually needs to be there in the
policy file for all four jars and classes to accommodate different
classpaths and classpath orders.   For some  of these (like
derbytools.jar I thinke) we already have permission for all properties,
so it does not need to be added.

I will commit Lily's DERBY-4441 patch  Monday, so make sure you watch
for that and make sure your client is synched up before you post a  patch.

Thanks

Kathey