db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Bryan Pendleton <bpendleton.de...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Enabling XML Operations: Setting XALAN in CLASSPATH
Date Sat, 17 Apr 2010 16:18:53 GMT
> Yea, I would like to submit a document patch and I like to get your
> ideas on following JIRA related information when creating a new bug.

Great! Filing and fixing documentation bugs for Derby is very much
like filing and fixing code bugs: we open an issue, prepare a patch,
review the patch, and then a committer will commit it once it is ready.

For "Affects version", you can list the Derby doc versions where you have
seen the unclear doc page appear. For example, 10.5, etc. The doc URLs
have the release id in the URL, so you can easily edit the URL such as
http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/10.5/getstart/rgsderbyrunjarsyntax.html
and replace '10.5' with '10.4' or '10.3' to check other versions. You can
specify 'dev' in that URL to see the current mainline docs.

You can leave the "fix version" empty. We update the 'fix version' when
we commit a patch, to indicate precisely which version will contain the
fix. Since that isn't known until the patch is committed, just leave it blank for now.

Once you have filed the JIRA entry, and want to start working on a
documentation patch, you'll want to refer to these guidelines:
http://db.apache.org/derby/manuals/dita.html

thanks,

bryan