db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Knut Anders Hatlen <Knut.Hat...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Transactions
Date Thu, 15 Apr 2010 10:34:04 GMT
On 04/15/10 11:30, Ян Программист wrote:
> I need some kind of test:
>
> 1. To achieve SELECT from VTI tables before test would start
>
> 2. To start a transaction over a table with one column. To initiate
> insertion N*1000000 records (N - preferable number)
>
> 3. While those are processing, I will start ij and achieve SELECT from
> VTI tables; to how VTI records describe transaction isolation at single
> moment of time
>
> 4. Transaction will finish
>
> 5. I will make additional SELECT, to unsure that VTI data is equal to
> (1) state

Hi John,

I don't think there is such a test in the Derby repository, so you'll
probably have to write one yourself.

Note that if you want to connect with ij while the test is running, it
will be easier if you set up a network server that you run your test
against, since you cannot connect to an embedded database with ij if
it's in use by another process.

--
Knut Anders