db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Knut Anders Hatlen <Knut.Hat...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Get database name
Date Wed, 14 Apr 2010 21:03:27 GMT
On 04/14/10 22:15, Eranda Sooriyabandara wrote:
> Hi Knut,
> Thanks. Also is there a way to get the current database name within the
> code?
> The purpose is to print the current database name to the log.

Hi Eranda,

It should be possible to call EmbedConnection.getDBName() from within
the code as well, if a connection has been created. But exactly how to
get the database name depends on where in the code you need to get it
from. Is this question about DERBY-4601? If so, I guess that means
you'll want to get it from InternalDriver and/or EmbedConnection. In
InternalDriver, you typically have the URL and need to call the helper
method getDatabaseName() to extract the name. In EmbedConnection, you
can simply call getDBName() or tr.getDBName().

--
Knut Anders