db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: Anybody knows how to configure to run JDBC[tm] API Test Suite 1.3.1
Date Wed, 14 Apr 2010 16:08:37 GMT
On 4/14/2010 7:09 AM, Bryan Pendleton wrote:
> What is RmiJdbc? I hadn't heard of that before. I think that might
> have been
> a Cloudscape-specific functionality, and probably we can't test that
> with Derby.

RmiJdbc was an ancient client/server solution that was never suitable
for production use except for possibly pulling occasional reports
remotely in a primarily embedded application.   I don't remember the
details or licensing at the time, but think there was external code
involved too and so was not part of the open source contribution.

I think probably CTS 1.3.1 is very ancient as I think that is what I was
working with ten years ago or so when I was last working with  it.  Is
there a newer one that comes preconfigured for Derby that Eranda can
use?  I see Ole ran CTS for 10.5.3 and maybe can provide some guidance.
http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/TenFiveThreePlatformTesting

Kathey