db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Bryan Pendleton <bpendleton.de...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Fw: Juni Tests
Date Sat, 10 Apr 2010 14:42:59 GMT
Nirmal Fernando wrote:
> Yes, I have placed it tools/java. Can you think of any other reason?
>
> On Sat, Apr 10, 2010 at 4:58 PM, Tiago Espinha <tiago.derby@yahoo.co.uk
>     Did you place the JUnit jar in the classpath? That error basically
>     says that Java isn't finding the JUnit classes, so make sure you
>     have included it.

Hi Nirmal,

Just placing the jar file into tools/java does not automatically include
it in your classpath. You have to either set CLASSPATH environment variable
or set the -cp flag when running java.

Try something like:

CLASSPATH=$tooljardir/junit.jar:$tooljardir/jakarta-oro-2.0.8.jar:$jardir/derbyrun.jar:$jardir/derbyTesting.jar
export CLASSPATH
echo "classpath=$CLASSPATH"

java -Xmx512m -XX:MaxPermSize=128m junit.textui.TestRunner org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.suites.All
>junitAll.out 2>&1

thanks,

bryan