db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: Fwd: Suites.All
Date Wed, 07 Apr 2010 13:23:12 GMT
Jayaram Subramanian wrote:
>  This
> indicates to me that there was a security exception on the the jars
> folder... I tried modifying the permissions on the jars folder.. but
> still continued to get the same error.
> --------- Derby Information --------
> [Java Security Exception: access denied (java.io.FilePermission
> C:\java\Derby\source\trunk\jars\sane\derbyLocale_cs.jar
>  read)] <null>

This is very interesting.   Because sysinfo is in multiple jars, I have
seen issues in the past where the policy file does not provide sysinfo
proper permissions and the order of the classpath can have an impact.
Can you send your classpath in both the DOS environment where the test
passes and your Cygwin environment where it fails?