db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: GSOC proposal about "Junit test conversions and bug fixes" from a returning student
Date Tue, 06 Apr 2010 18:56:35 GMT
Myrna van Lunteren wrote:
> I'm willing to mentor a project 'test conversion and fix bugs'.

Thanks so much Myrna for stepping up to mentor test and fix. I think
this has been a successful project in past years and I am sure will be
again with your guidance.

> However, I'll be on vacation from June 12 to July 4. So, someone will
> have to take over at least the administrative mentoring tasks during
> that period...

I can take over the administrative tasks during this time.
> Also, I'd like to point out that depending on which bugs you pick to
> fix, we may need to rely on the community as a whole to provide
> technical reviews. I'd like to focus my own reviews on converting
> tests, especially the remaining tests in derbynet.

It would be great to see a student pick up the remaining derbynet tests
so we can build on Tiago's work to get parallel test runs going.  As for
technical reviews, I am really hoping this summer, we will get a lot of
broad based input on student patches so they have a more realistic
community experience.  I will try to branch out beyond my student and
review others patches.

Kathey