db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Tiago Espinha <tiago.de...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Re: Fw: Juni Tests
Date Sun, 11 Apr 2010 09:42:50 GMT
Hello Nirmal,

You have run a regression test already :-) in fact you've run the whole bunch of them! The
normal unit tests are what we call regression tests, because they test features as they are
supposed to be implemented. So if you (or anyone else) makes a change that inadvertently changes
the normal behavior, one of these tests (on suites.All) will fail and then we say we've had
a regression failure.

Also, when you implement something completely new, you're supposed to create a new test that
tests that feature. So that in the future if someone breaks that, your test will fail, letting
that person know that they've broken it.

Hope that helps,
Tiago

________________________________
From: Nirmal Fernando <nirmal070125@gmail.com>
To: derby-dev@db.apache.org
Sent: Sun, 11 April, 2010 6:05:23
Subject: Re: Fw: Juni Tests

Hi Kristian,

Thanks for the very clear explanations on testing Derby !!!

I'm quite new to the Derby community, but I think I'm learning many from all of your replies.

I have another question, I haven't run a regression test yet. I would be grateful if someone
help me to run a regression test.

Thanks !!!!

--
Best Regards,