db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From p4ddy <prdpsb...@gmail.com>
Subject Deadlock problem
Date Mon, 19 Apr 2010 10:49:41 GMT

Hi,
I m executing the following queries in a method in java on derby database.

***************
INSERT INTO some_SCHEMA.some_TABLE (some_fields) VALUES (some_values); /*
This insert has an identity column */

SELECT IDENTITY_VAL_LOCAL() FROM some_schema.some_TABLE;
***************

when there is a lot of load on this method, I'm getting following exception:

Error performing query.;  Caused by:
java.sql.SQLTransactionRollbackException: A lock could not be obtained due
to a deadlock, cycle of locks and waiters is:
Lock : ROW, some_TABLE, (15,6)
  Waiting XID : {23261, S} , APP, SELECT IDENTITY_VAL_LOCAL() FROM
some_SCHEMA.some_TABLE
  Granted XID : {23260, X}

Anyone know what might be the reason and solution to avoid this deadlock?

Thanks in advance.