db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Knut Anders Hatlen <Knut.Hat...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: 10.6 dblook improvements, was: documentation for 10.6 features
Date Mon, 15 Mar 2010 14:57:31 GMT
Rick Hillegas <Richard.Hillegas@Sun.COM> writes:

> Knut Anders Hatlen wrote:
>> Rick Hillegas <Richard.Hillegas@Sun.COM> writes:
>>

>>> I have added a documentation column and a leading dashboard column to
>>> the table of features on the 10.6 release page:
>>> http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/DerbyTenSixOneRelease Please correct
>>> this table if you know of documentation which I have missed.
>>>

>> I added links to the (not yet finished) documentation issues for the
>> rest of the features. The only feature with no doc JIRA is DBLOOK
>> Improvements, but that feature is not done yet and there hasn't been any
>> activity for quite some time.
>>

> Thanks, Knut.
>
> I wonder what we should say about dblook in the release notes. I feel
> that the coding is almost done, but the feature needs a lot of
> verification, which won't happen in the time remaining for 10.6. What
> if anything should we say about dblook in 10.6?

The code has not been committed yet, so unless someone is actually
planning to finish the work for 10.6, I don't think we need to say
anything about it.

The patch that's attached to the issue (DERBY-4272) still applies to
head of trunk, and the code builds. It looks like it changes the
compilation of the tools classes so that they'll only work on Java 5 or
later, though. I tried to change that back to 1.4, but the code
apparently uses some Java 5 methods. It's probably not that much work to
get it to compile for 1.4, but it won't happen until someone volunteers
to scratch that itch.

--
Knut Anders