db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Ян Программист <webautoma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Google Summer of Code
Date Tue, 16 Mar 2010 10:25:32 GMT
   * No actual compatibility tests for Oracle, SQL Server

> I imagine that there are some existing compatibility test suites out here.
> It would be interesting to understand Derby's compatibility with other
> databases. This sounds like a task on which a GSoC student could make good
> progress.
>
> Thanks,
> -Rick

Can you recommend a mentor for such task?

By the way - what about RESTful adapter? To access JavaDB data entries threw
service layer? I am having developer related expirience rather in Web
technologies, so I am quite interested in such a thing a lot (independently
of Google suc)...

Serialization is also a hot topic for Web developer....

Respond please. John