db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Bryan Pendleton <bpendleton.de...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Fwd: Suites.All
Date Wed, 31 Mar 2010 13:39:36 GMT
Jayaram Subramanian wrote:

> Hi Bryan,
> I wrote the System.out.println code as suggested into SysInfoTest.java
> file and tried running
> java -Dderby.tests.trace=true junit.textui.TestRunner
> org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.tests.derbynet.SysinfoTest >
> runoutput.out 2>&1.
>
> But the System.out.println outputs never got printed on the out file.
> But still i got the same Assertion errors in the out file... Since i got
> a doubt, i even removed the SysInfoTest.java file from the derbynet
> folder and tried running the java command expecting it to give "source
> not found" kind of a issue. But still the java command ran and gave the
> same errors as noted earlier. Is the file cached somewhere else in the
> system. I tried doing a search but could locate only 1 existance of the
> file in derbynet folder.

junit will run the class from your class path, so use:

   echo $CLASSPATH

to figure out where your classpath is pointing.

After modifying SysInfoTest.java, you'll need to do:

   ant all

and, if your classpath is pointing at the jar files:

   ant buildjars

You should definitely see your print statements in the output of your junit test
command, and the syntax of your junit test command looks fine to me, so I
suspect this is just a build problem.

thanks,

bryan