db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Bryan Pendleton <bryanwpendle...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Google Summer of Code
Date Thu, 18 Mar 2010 18:02:29 GMT
> types compatibility. I thought the main focus in SQL variations that
> force different strategies of data conversion when executing statements.

I agree that there are many aspects to the question of compatibility.

SQL Variations are one of them, datatypes and data conversions are
certainly another.

I think that Derby has room for improvement in all of these areas.

The basic goal, in my mind, is to identify those situations where
Derby has a different behavior than other database systems, and to
understand what is causing those differences, and whether they reveal
flaws in Derby.

View raw message