db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: Google Summer of Code
Date Wed, 17 Mar 2010 16:38:54 GMT
Denis Weerasiri wrote:
> I am Denis Weerasiri, a final year student from University of
> Moratuwa, Sri Lanka. I am hoping to participate in *GSOC* 2010
> program. This would be my second *GSOC*. Last year I worked in and
> successfully completed Apache ODE project titled "Web-based BPEL
> debugger for Apache ODE". [1]
>
> I would be willing to work on Apache Derby project, under derby
> tooling this year if you are planning put any ideas forward. I have
> experience on developing applications in databases, data mining[2] etc.
> For last two weeks I went through some architecture and user
> documentations and submitted few patches as well.
> So are there any project ideas being considered as yet for Derby
> tooling this year?

One project that I think was started by a student last year that would
be good to finish would be SQL Authorization Support for dblook
(DERBY-4272).  I don't know though the status of that work though and
whether there is enough left to make it into a summer's worth of work or
if you would be able to find a mentor willing to mentor the project.
Dag could probably provide an update.