db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <Richard.Hille...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Google Summer of Code
Date Wed, 17 Mar 2010 13:38:39 GMT
Hi Denis,

Many people seem to need a tool which produces a machine-readable or
graph representation of the various phases of Derby's Abstract Syntax
Trees. Some discussion of this topic can be found on DERBY-3946,
DERBY-791, and DERBY-4415.

It might also be interesting to make a tool out of the DatabaseMetaData
functions/tableFunctions attached to DERBY-3973. Extra credit if this
could be integrated with ij.

I think these would be contained, safe projects for a GSoC student.

Thanks,
-Rick