db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Dag.Wan...@Sun.COM (Dag H. Wanvik)
Subject Re: Inserting large LOB as a stream...
Date Thu, 18 Feb 2010 04:56:17 GMT
Mamta Satoor <msatoor@gmail.com> writes:

> Dag, thanks for refering me to lowmem suite. Does this suite get run
> on a regular basis or is it part of the junit all suite? It will be

To the first question, I am not sure, I'll ask Ole.  The tests are
also run as part of the junit all suits, but then with more memory so
it's not that interesting..

> nice to incoporate my tests in this suite but in a disabled mode at
> this point since they will run into OOM.

+1

> Also, the minimum memory requirement for my test is 100M whereas
> lowmem seems to be running with 16M. Maybe i should rework the data
> in my test to work with 16M rather than 100M?

Well, I guess that would be good, unless you want to verify that the
other tests are still valid/useful if you increase the heap size..

Thanks,
Dag