db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Mamta Satoor <msat...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Inserting large LOB as a stream...
Date Wed, 17 Feb 2010 21:10:22 GMT
Dag, thanks for refering me to lowmem suite. Does this suite get run
on a regular basis or is it part of the junit all suite? It will be
nice to incoporate my tests in this suite but in a disabled mode at
this point since they will run into OOM. Also, the minimum memory
requirement for my test is 100M whereas lowmem seems to be running
with 16M. Maybe i should rework the data in my test to work with 16M
rather than 100M?

thanks,
Mamta

On Tue, Feb 16, 2010 at 1:51 PM, Dag H. Wanvik <Dag.Wanvik@sun.com> wrote:
> Mamta Satoor <msatoor@gmail.com> writes:
>

>> trying to see if I can run this with limited heap to do the insert
>>         ps.setBinaryStream(1, new LoopingAlphabetStream(300000*1024),
>> 300000*1024);
>
> You shold be able to insert, yes, cf. BlobMemTest running as part of
> the lowmem suite
>
> org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.tests.memory._Suite
>
> cf. junit-lowmem ant target.
>
> Dag
>

>> On Tue, Feb 16, 2010 at 11:54 AM, Mamta Satoor <msatoor@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Yes, I just ran into it and trying it. thanks, Dag.

values(101, 0, ?)");