db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kristian Waagan <Kristian.Waa...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Inserting large LOB as a stream...
Date Thu, 18 Feb 2010 09:12:20 GMT
On 18.02.10 05:56, Dag H. Wanvik wrote:
> Mamta Satoor<msatoor@gmail.com>  writes:
>

>> Dag, thanks for refering me to lowmem suite. Does this suite get run
>> on a regular basis or is it part of the junit all suite? It will be
>>
> To the first question, I am not sure, I'll ask Ole.  The tests are
> also run as part of the junit all suits, but then with more memory so
> it's not that interesting..

FYI, I run this whenever I run the other tests with 'ant junit-lowmem',
but it would be very nice to know if it is being run nightly. If not, we
should try to get it included :)
Currently the suite runs in around 5 minutes on my machines (18 test runs).

>> nice to incoporate my tests in this suite but in a disabled mode at
>> this point since they will run into OOM.
>>
> +1
>

>> Also, the minimum memory requirement for my test is 100M whereas
>> lowmem seems to be running with 16M. Maybe i should rework the data
>> in my test to work with 16M rather than 100M?
>>
> Well, I guess that would be good, unless you want to verify that the
> other tests are still valid/useful if you increase the heap size..

Three of the tests run with a pageCacheSize of 100.
I would prefer to run with a smaller heap (and suitable pageCacheSize),
otherwise the test will take so long to insert test data etc.

Regards,
--
Kristian