db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kristian Waagan <Kristian.Waa...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: JUnit-based concurrency tests
Date Wed, 17 Feb 2010 13:30:21 GMT
On 16.02.10 18:24, Rick Hillegas wrote:
> I would like to write a JUnit test which creates N threads
> (connections) and has all of them run the same test case
> simultaneously. I see that there is related machinery
> (JDBCPerfTestCase) which runs M iterations of the same test case.
> Before I re-invent the wheel, I wanted to see whether there is already
> a base class for what I want to do.

Hi Rick,

I don't think JDBCPerfTestCase does what you want right now, it only
gives you the ability to run for a specified number of iterations /
series and then give you basic timing information.
You might want to check out JUnitPerf and GroboUtils to see if they can
easily be folded into our test framework. Especially the former looks
slim and easy enough to use, but I don't have any practical experience
with it.

I'm not aware of any relevant existing base class in the Derby test
framework for running multi-threaded tests.

Regards,
--
Kristian