db-derby-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Kim Haase (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] Updated: (DERBY-4547) Documentation: update copyright, version to 2010 and 10.6
Date Mon, 15 Feb 2010 15:11:27 GMT

     [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-4547?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:all-tabpanel
]

Kim Haase updated DERBY-4547:
-----------------------------

    Attachment: DERBY-4547.zip
                DERBY-4547.stat
                DERBY-4547.diff

Attaching DERBY-4547.diff, DERBY-4547.stat, and DERBY-4547.zip, with the following changes:

Changed version number to 10.6
Changed copyright date to 2010
Changed command output to show 10.6
Changed java -version output to show 1.6 instead of 1.4 (one file)
Changed some Java references to use current terminology (two files)
A few formatting fixes

This touches the following files:

src/conrefs.dita
all 6 ditamap files
all 6 copyright files

And also these:

Developer's Guide:
src/devguide/cdevdvlp27715.dita
src/devguide/tdevdvlp20349.dita

Getting Started:
src/getstart/tgssetupverify.dita (updated java -version output)
src/getstart/twwdactivity1.dita
src/getstart/twwdactivity3_Setup.dita
src/getstart/rgsdocs17307.dita (missing space, Java Platform reference)
src/getstart/twwdactivity2.dita
src/getstart/twwdactivity4.dita
src/getstart/cgsintsr.dita (Java, JDK references)
src/getstart/rgslib46043.dita (library out of alphabetical order)

Tools:
src/tools/rtoolssysinfo1002629.dita

In addition, I discovered that several source files had somehow acquired an A-tilde followed
by a space where the source had "&nbsp;". I fixed these either by replacing the "&nbsp;"
with an actual space (where it occurred in a codeblock) or by reinserting the "&nbsp;".
This involved changes to the following files:

src/getstart/tgsrunningsysinfo.dita
src/getstart/tgsrunningij.dita
src/getstart/cwwdsummary.dita
src/getstart/tgsrunningdblook.dita
src/ref/rrefsqlj81859.dita
src/tuning/ctunoptimzoverride.dita

The &nbsp; problem should perhaps be a separate issue, but I found it while combing through
Getting Started for the version fixes. There's also a catch-22 with it, because inserting
the &nbsp; results in correct output for all 3 output doc types (PDF, HTML-single, and
HTML frames) if I build the docs on my Windows system; but if I build them on my UNIX system,
the HTML frames output contains two question marks ("??") instead of a space. In my Firefox
browser, anyway. The Latest Alpha Manuals output shows this problem -- maybe it was built
on a UNIX system too? See, for instance, http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/dev/getstart/cwwdactivities.html.
(The &nbsp; and the A-tilde followed by a space both result in the same question-mark
output, actually.)

The &nbsp; tags are needed because the DITA toolkit fails to preserve white space between
adjacent tags in body text (for example, between a <ph></ph> and a <codeph></codeph>
in the PDF and HTML-single output (though it preserves them in the HTML frames output). See
the discussion at the end of DERBY-408 for details.

> Documentation: update copyright, version to 2010 and 10.6
> ---------------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: DERBY-4547
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-4547
>             Project: Derby
>          Issue Type: Task
>          Components: Documentation
>    Affects Versions: 10.6.0.0
>            Reporter: Kim Haase
>            Assignee: Kim Haase
>         Attachments: DERBY-4547.diff, DERBY-4547.stat, DERBY-4547.zip
>
>
> The copyright and map files for each book need to be updated in the trunk. In addition,
examples that currently use 10.5 should be updated to use 10.6.

-- 
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
-
You can reply to this email to add a comment to the issue online.


Mime
View raw message