db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Knut Anders Hatlen <Knut.Hat...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: SVN message
Date Fri, 22 Jan 2010 13:49:34 GMT
Jayaram Subramanian <rsjay1976@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi
> I was trying to add a patch for AutoIncrement.java file  for review. But i got
> the attached message stating "already under version control".  Should i
> execute a different command to add my file for second time?

Hi Jayaram,

If I understand your question correctly, you're trying to run "svn add"
on a file when you see that message. You only need to run "svn add" once
per file, unless you've run "svn remove" or "svn revert" in the
meantime, so I think it should be fine. The easiest way to check that
the file has been successfully added, is to run "svn status" and see if
there's an "A" printed in front of AutoIncrement.java.

Knut Anders

View raw message