db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: DERBY 4509
Date Fri, 08 Jan 2010 05:03:12 GMT
Jayaram Subramanian wrote:
> Hi,
> I am currently working on a task of converting autoincrement.sql to
> JUnit. When setting up the derby environment in eclipse the auto build
> option in eclipse was unchecked. This was done so that the build could
> be done by using ANT scripts from command line.  Whenever i am making
> changes to the java file in eclipse do i need to come to command
> prompt build the file using ANT and then run the JUnit test... What
> ant command could be used to compile the specific java file or do i
> need to do ANT ALL every time?
I usually do ant all; ant buildjars  each time from the command prompt
and  find it does not take long for an incremental build.   There are
probably more specific targets I could use and I never took the time to
get the eclipse build working.

 Before posting a patch for commit I always ant clobber and then build
and run test to make sure there is nothing broken.  For preview patches
like the one you posted for this issue, just an incremental build is fine.

View raw message