db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <Richard.Hille...@Sun.COM>
Subject odd behavior of authorization id on the SYS schema
Date Mon, 04 Jan 2010 23:40:26 GMT
I am seeing the following odd behavior:

o When I run ij standalone, turning on authorization and authentication,
and look inside the schema descriptor for SYSTABLES, I see that the
authorization id is what I expect: It is the name of the user who
created the database. This is also what is stored in the tuple for SYS
in SYSSCHEMAS

o But when I run an experiment inside a test case in the
GrantRevokeDDLTest junit test, although the SYS tuple in SYSSCHEMAS is
correct, there is a null authorization id in the schema descriptor for
SYSTABLES.

Does this jog anyone's memory? Any theories about what is different
about out test environment?

Thanks,
-Rick