db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Knut Anders Hatlen <Knut.Hat...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: values SYSCS_UTIL.SYSCS_GET_RUNTIMESTATISTICS() returns null
Date Fri, 25 Dec 2009 22:16:24 GMT
Eranda Sooriyabandara <070468d@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi Kathey,
> I saw your test conversion of  scrollCursors1.sql and the related issue
> values SYSCS_UTIL.SYSCS_GET_RUNTIMESTATISTICS() returns null in test
> ScrollCursors1Test when run against network (
> http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-2553). When I was converting
> outerjoin.sql to JUnit (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-4424) I
> face the same problem and not solved yet.
> Can you help me for reasoning for it being null.

Hi Eranda,

It looks like only the test case testInnerJoinXform() enables collection
of runtime statistics (that is, calls SYSCS_SET_RUNTIMESTATISTICS). I
see that Bryan commented that the NullPointerException happens in
testBug2897(). Does it work if you call SYSCS_SET_RUNTIMESTATISTICS
first in that method too?

--
Knut Anders