db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Bryan Pendleton <bpendle...@amberpoint.com>
Subject Re: Dev doc tree purged
Date Tue, 08 Dec 2009 17:01:15 GMT
> one of the processes publish broken docs. The cron job I have written
> has some simple sanity checks (like verifying that all the expected PDFs
> and *-single.html files are there), but it's far from foolproof.

Thanks for working on this, Kristian.

With the recent build problems that we had (DERBY-1194, DERBY-4153, DERBY-3518),
it seemed, at least in my environment, that the build scripts were successfully
producing the *-single.html files, but the build still was broken due to the
invalid tags.

I tried looking through the DITA-provided build scripts to see if we
could specify something on the <pipeline> task that told it to handle
errors as build-fatal, but didn't immediately find anything.

So it seems that we may need to post-process the build output ourselves
in order to detect errors such as the ones I introduced in my recent commits.

Is it possible for your tool to search the output for the string

    [pipeline] [Error]

and then treat any occurences of that as a fatal error?

thanks,

bryan