db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kristian Waagan <Kristian.Waa...@Sun.COM>
Subject Dev doc tree purged
Date Tue, 08 Dec 2009 14:47:01 GMT
Hello,

I purged the existing doc tree on people.a.o for the dev build today. It
had some old files in it not being updated anymore due to changes to the
manuals.
If I have set the permissions correctly, the existing publish script
should continue to work (after it has been fixed of course, since it
seems to be down right now). I have also pointed my cron job to the same
dev directory, and I pushed the Dec 7. build (built by Hudson [1]). It
should go live in an hour or so.

We should now have two independent processes publishing docs. This takes
care of the problem when one of them goes down, but not the case where
one of the processes publish broken docs. The cron job I have written
has some simple sanity checks (like verifying that all the expected PDFs
and *-single.html files are there), but it's far from foolproof.

Please ping me if my changes caused trouble, and/or you need my help due
to wrong file permissions.
The old directory is saved under "dev_original" until everything is
known to work.

Thanks,
--
Kristian