db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From mkoendling <m_koe...@yahoo.de>
Subject Questions concerning the implementation
Date Sun, 13 Dec 2009 14:46:02 GMT

hi derby team,

I already posted some of my questions concerning the implementation of jdbc
in the user list:
http://old.nabble.com/Questions-about-the-implementation-to26689131.html

I guess one of my problems is to figure out where the jdbc-driver starts and
where it ends.  Is it correct to say that the jdbc-driver of derby (embedded
or client) is quite intertwined with the whole engine? Or perhaps, is the
jdbc-driver the whole engine?

My second question concerns ResultSets. How is the data actually fetched in
Client-Server mode. Is the whole ResultSet loaded into one Object/Table/...
and sent over the network? Is there some kind of cache for the ResultSet and
subsequent rows are loaded dynamically?... .

I would appreciate any help on these subjects.
Michael