db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Dag.Wan...@Sun.COM (Dag H. Wanvik)
Subject Use of Jira "Fix In" [was: Re: Plans for a 10.5.3.1?]
Date Fri, 27 Nov 2009 00:07:35 GMT
Kristian Waagan <Kristian.Waagan@Sun.COM> writes:

> I believe we are supposed to set the fix version to the version shown
> by sysinfo. On the 10.5 branch it currently shows 10.5.3.1.
> Further I thought that when / if we decide to produce a 10.5.4.X, Jira
> is used to bulk update all issues with fix version set to 10.5.3.1
> such that they will have 10.5.4.0 set instead. Finally, wouldn't we
> remove 10.5.3.1 from the list of versions in Jira, by merging it with
> 10.5.4.0?

This makes sense, really. But then, why have we added 10.5.4.0 to JIRA
already?

Several of us have marked issue for fix in 10.5.4.0 already; should we
go over those and clear that field, do you think? (as well as making
sure 10.5.3.1 is set - and similarly for older branches..)

https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&&pid=10594&fixfor=12314154&sorter/field=issuekey&sorter/order=DESC

> I may very well have gotten this wrong, please correct me if I'm mistaken!
> There are also some details missing regarding when a new version is
> added to Jira, and when the version is bumped on the branch. Any
> takers?

Yes, the write-up here:
http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/DerbySnapshotOrRelease is a bit short
on detail on what happens on a branch after it's been cut the first
time..