db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Dag.Wan...@Sun.COM (Dag H. Wanvik)
Subject Use of Jira "Fix In" [was: Re: Plans for a]
Date Fri, 27 Nov 2009 00:07:35 GMT
Kristian Waagan <Kristian.Waagan@Sun.COM> writes:

> I believe we are supposed to set the fix version to the version shown
> by sysinfo. On the 10.5 branch it currently shows
> Further I thought that when / if we decide to produce a 10.5.4.X, Jira
> is used to bulk update all issues with fix version set to
> such that they will have set instead. Finally, wouldn't we
> remove from the list of versions in Jira, by merging it with

This makes sense, really. But then, why have we added to JIRA

Several of us have marked issue for fix in already; should we
go over those and clear that field, do you think? (as well as making
sure is set - and similarly for older branches..)

> I may very well have gotten this wrong, please correct me if I'm mistaken!
> There are also some details missing regarding when a new version is
> added to Jira, and when the version is bumped on the branch. Any
> takers?

Yes, the write-up here:
http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/DerbySnapshotOrRelease is a bit short
on detail on what happens on a branch after it's been cut the first

View raw message