db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Myrna van Lunteren <m.v.lunte...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Use of Jira "Fix In"
Date Sun, 29 Nov 2009 16:22:44 GMT
On Fri, Nov 27, 2009 at 12:55 AM, Knut Anders Hatlen
<Knut.Hatlen@sun.com> wrote:
> Dag.Wanvik@Sun.COM (Dag H. Wanvik) writes:
>> Kristian Waagan <Kristian.Waagan@Sun.COM> writes:
>>> I believe we are supposed to set the fix version to the version shown
>>> by sysinfo. On the 10.5 branch it currently shows
>>> Further I thought that when / if we decide to produce a 10.5.4.X, Jira
>>> is used to bulk update all issues with fix version set to
>>> such that they will have set instead. Finally, wouldn't we
>>> remove from the list of versions in Jira, by merging it with
> I think the above is actually a single step: Merge into
> This will make all the issues marked as fixed in show
> up as fixed in, and no bulk update is needed up front.
>> This makes sense, really. But then, why have we added to JIRA
>> already?
> To have the possibility to flag that an issue is intended to be fixed in
> the next update release. But since the current policy is to set the
> fixed-in only after the issue has actually been fixed, I don't think
> having that version tag available adds much value, and I'm +1 to
> removing it in order to keep the list of version tags shorter and less
> confusing.
>> Several of us have marked issue for fix in already; should we
>> go over those and clear that field, do you think? (as well as making
>> sure is set - and similarly for older branches..)
> It would make the bug database more consistent, so feel free... :)
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&&pid=10594&fixfor=12314154&sorter/field=issuekey&sorter/order=DESC
> In this list, at least three issues (DERBY-4081, DERBY-4092, DERBY-4213)
> were originally marked as fixed in (this can be seen by picking
> the "All" tab). For some reason, the fix version says All of
> these issues were fixed after the release was produced and
> before it was actually released, so I'd guess something went wrong in
> the process of merging version tags into
> --
> Knut Anders

So...we mark things, and if/when a next version is released,
it'll get merged into (or, or whatever) in jira.
If we agree to mark things fixed in, it doesn't matter
whether we remove or leave it in - except for the confusion
it causes...
I guess we should mark the fixed issues as, then...

View raw message