db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <Richard.Hille...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Regarding Stored Procedures
Date Mon, 30 Nov 2009 16:41:44 GMT
Hi Shazin,

Compilation for these method calls is handled by StaticMethodCallNode.
StaticMethodCallNode.generateExpression() generates the byte code needed
to invoke the user-defined routine at execution time.

If you are interested in puzzling through the details, I recommend
viewing the abstract syntax trees in xml, as shown on DERBY-4415. This
will help you see what classes are involved during compilation.

The main execution-time class is a generated class, which Derby creates
during compilation. If you want to examine the generated class, follow
the instructions here: http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/DumpClassFile

Hope this helps,
-Rick