db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kristian Waagan <Kristian.Waa...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Plans for a 10.5.3.1?
Date Thu, 26 Nov 2009 21:07:05 GMT
Dag H. Wanvik wrote:
> Kathey Marsden <kmarsdenderby@sbcglobal.net> writes:
>

>> Matt Doran wrote:
>>
>>> Hi guys,
>>>
>>> It's 3 months since 10.5.3.0 and there appears to be a few nice
>>> fixes lined up for a 10.5.3.1 (see link below).   Are there any
>>> plans for rolling this release?
>>>

> Btw, it seems we have a somewhat inconsistent practice of marking
> backported fixes as fixed in "10.5.3.1" vs. "10.5.4.0" or both (and
> similarly for older branches than 10.5). What is the correct practice
> here?

Hi Dag,

I believe we are supposed to set the fix version to the version shown by
sysinfo. On the 10.5 branch it currently shows 10.5.3.1.
Further I thought that when / if we decide to produce a 10.5.4.X, Jira
is used to bulk update all issues with fix version set to 10.5.3.1 such
that they will have 10.5.4.0 set instead. Finally, wouldn't we remove
10.5.3.1 from the list of versions in Jira, by merging it with 10.5.4.0?

I may very well have gotten this wrong, please correct me if I'm mistaken!
There are also some details missing regarding when a new version is
added to Jira, and when the version is bumped on the branch. Any takers?

Regards,
--
Kristian