db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kristian Waagan <Kristian.Waa...@Sun.COM>
Subject DropDatabaseSetup.removeDir failed to remove directories on Windows 7 (VirtualBox)
Date Wed, 25 Nov 2009 08:30:52 GMT
Hi,

When testing a change on Windows 7, some of the tests in store._Suite
failed. It turned out that Derby failed to delete some directories (in
the support files directories).
I worked around this by making DropDatabaseSetup.removeDir try to delete
the file / dir more than once before giving up. This worked, and may
indicate that the locks on the file system weren't released at the time
of the first delete attempt.

Since I observed this running an evaluation build of Windows 7 inside
VirtualBox on OpenSolaris, I don't feel like taking action right away. I
just want to let people know, in case they see similar issues testing on
Windows (7).

For the record, with the exception of the 11 or so failures due to file
system interaction, suites.All passed.

Regards,
--
Kristian