db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kristian Waagan <Kristian.Waa...@Sun.COM>
Subject Confusing error message on boot?
Date Tue, 17 Nov 2009 15:31:20 GMT
Hi,

Working on the drop database feature (DERBY-4428), I noticed this:

ij> connect 'jdbc:derby:memory:test;shutdown=true;drop=true';
ERROR XJ048: Conflicting boot attributes specified: shutdown, drop
ij> connect 'jdbc:derby:memory:test;shutdown=true;create=true';
ERROR XJ004: Database 'memory:test' not found.

The error XJ0048 is new (I'm considering adding it).
However, note that if you specify both shutdown and create you're told
that the database doesn't exist. What happens is that the shutdown
attribute takes precedence over the create attribute.

Should we change this to show something like XJ048?
Can we change it without causing trouble for existing applications?

--
Kristian