db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Knut Anders Hatlen <Knut.Hat...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Using ij to Run Scripts
Date Mon, 28 Sep 2009 08:08:43 GMT
Hiranya Jayathilaka <hiranya911@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi Folks,
>
> I'm using ij#runScript method to execute a script against a database. When ij
> encounters an error while running the script (say due to a syntax error in the
> script) it simply logs it and continues to execute the rest of the script. Can
> I get ij to throw an exception and halt instead?

I don't think you can currently, so you'll probably need to check the
output for lines starting with ERROR for now. Adding a switch to stop on
errors could be a useful feature addition, as an error in the middle of
a large SQL script size may be difficult to spot just by looking at the
output.

--
Knut Anders