db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From gana prasad <gana.m...@gmail.com>
Subject Reg:Accessing database.jar file using derby10.2.2.0
Date Mon, 21 Sep 2009 13:48:32 GMT
Hi,

I am facing the problems while accessing the database jar file using derby
10.2.2.0.

I am getting the Exception as below:
*

" org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.SQLNestedException*: Cannot load JDBC driver
class 'org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedDriver'

at org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.BasicDataSource.createDataSource(*
BasicDataSource.java:1136*)

at org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.BasicDataSource.getConnection(*
BasicDataSource.java:880*)  "

My configuration as shown below:

Context.xml:

        <Context crossContext=*"true"*>

       <Resource name=*"jdbc/derby"* auth=*"Container"
*

        type=*"javax.sql.DataSource"* driverClassName=*
"org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedDriver"
*

        url=*"jdbc:derby:jar:(c:\CalypsoDemo\database.jar)samples"*

        username=*"xxx"* password=*"xxx"* maxActive=*"20"* maxIdle=*"10"
*

       maxWait=*"-1"*/>

</Context>

And in my code i am accessing the database like this:

                  Context initContext = *new* InitialContext();

                  Context envContext = (Context)initContext.lookup(
"java:/comp/env");

                  DataSource ds = (DataSource)envContext.lookup("jdbc/derby"
);

                  conn = ds.getConnection();

And i have placed the derby jar file in tomcat/common/lib  directory. And
database.jar file in my local directory.

What could be the reason for this ? Is there any problem with my
configuration.?

Please help me in this regard,

Thanks in Advance,

Gana.