db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kristian Waagan <Kristian.Waa...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Publishing the Derby documentation
Date Fri, 04 Sep 2009 15:18:21 GMT
Kim Haase wrote:
> A nightly build has been lovely (thanks, Myrna!) but realistically,
> once a week would be fine for a build of the latest docs.
>
> I wish I could volunteer for this, since I'm the one who always
> complains when the process breaks down, but I can't afford the time to
> learn about cron jobs and checksums (about which I am extremely
> ignorant). So many thanks to whoever takes this on.

Hi Kim,

I have written the first version of the script checking for updates and
deploying the docs. It must be run from people.a.o. See the script
attached, and please comment on it if you something that should be changed.
Currently both the deploy directory and the MD5 checksum file must exist
(it doesn't have to contain a checksum though).

I tested it and hopefully something should appear in
http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/dev_test/ in a little while (during
tomorrow at latest).
To navigate easier, you can use the links from the official
documentation page [1], and then just replace dev with dev_test.

I have also changed the Hudson job to check for changes every Monday
(just after midnight UTC) and every Wednesday (around 20 in the
evening/night UTC).
My crontab will run the script a little later (to allow the build to
finish).

Since Kim committed a change yesterday, a new build of the docs should
be built and published some time on Monday (under dev_test). Let's see
what happens!

--
Kristian

[1] http://db.apache.org/derby/manuals/index.html