db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kristian Waagan <Kristian.Waa...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Publishing the Derby documentation
Date Fri, 04 Sep 2009 11:41:13 GMT
Myrna van Lunteren wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 3, 2009 at 3:05 AM, Kristian Waagan<Kristian.Waagan@sun.com> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I have now configured a Hudson job building the Derby documentation.
>>

> Great!
> Thanks for all your work on setting up the Hudson system.
>
> I have one question...I've a automated process that copies nightly
> built docs out to /www/db.apache.org/derby/docs/dev. Can/Should I stop
> that job?

Hi Myrna,

I think you can stop the job, but I would appreciate if you kept
everything around for a while :)
Maybe you want to test out the new script when it's ready, or integrate
it in such a way that your builds work as a backup system in case Hudson
goes down.

The docs take a little less than 1 hour to build on the Apache server
we're using.
How often do we want to check for changes and rebuild the docs?

The website also has some stuff that looks like old cruft to me:
/www/db.apache.org/derby/docs/10.0-bak
/www/db.apache.org/derby/docs/10.1_old
/www/db.apache.org/derby/docs/10.4_old
docs-10.0.tar
docs-10.0.tar.gz
docs-10.0.zip

Does anyone object to deleting these?
There are also some old files lying around in dev/, so I would delete
that one too and "repopulate" it.

Some of the directories have wrong ownership and/or wrong permissions. I
have taken action to fix that by sending mails to Rick, Andrew and the
infrastructure team.
To allow any committer to fix issues, it is important that the
files/dirs have group ownership set to 'db' and that the group is given
write access.

--
Kristian