db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Eranda Sooriyabandara <0704...@gmail.com>
Subject Need a help on DERBY-3892
Date Sun, 20 Sep 2009 18:03:49 GMT
Hi all,Last few days I try to understand the code in method prepMinion() in
class GenericStatement to get an idea about the query plan to optimize the
query plan. But It is hard me to understand the code. If you can send me
a link or something helpful facts to understanding how the query
works(macroscopic view) to study about it will be a great help for me.
I use the debugging tool to see how the query plan works using a break point
at prepMinion in GenericStatement class but when I query using
>>prepare st1 as 'select col1 from table1';
>>execute st1;
I did not find a break at the point where I set the break point.
Is there any thing I missed here or I need to aware of??
Thanks
Eranda