db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Dag.Wan...@Sun.COM (Dag H. Wanvik)
Subject Re: DERBY-4331 and the 10.5.2.0 release
Date Tue, 04 Aug 2009 22:50:07 GMT
Myrna van Lunteren <m.v.lunteren@gmail.com> writes:

> I personally don't care for a release that has either DERBY-3926 or
> DERBY-4331 in it.

I agree. So the question is, do we want to announce the release now to
let users benefit from the other fixes in 10.5.2? Following the release
often credo, I would be tempted to say yes.

But since I cannot weigh the relative importances of the two issues, I
do think we should back out the fix for DERBY-3926 (from 10.5 branch),
until we have settled DERBY-4331. That way 10.5.3 would show neither
bug, since we can take the time we need to fix both satisfactorily.

If there users who badly need DERBY-3926 *and* are not affected by
DERBY-4331 *and* are clamoring for it, they could download the patch
and spin it themselves while we ready 10.5.3.

My 0.02 cents; I agree it's a difficult call, though. I can live with
either outcome.

Dag