db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Dag.Wan...@Sun.COM (Dag H. Wanvik)
Subject Re: Derby Test Framework and New dblook Test
Date Mon, 17 Aug 2009 16:38:54 GMT

Hi Hiranya,

Hiranya Jayathilaka <hiranya911@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi Folks,
>
> I'm in the middle of writing the new tests for dblook. When going through
> the existing dblook tests I realized that they are not junit tests. Some of
> the test classes have main methods. So I was wondering how should I organize
> the new tests. Should they be written as junit tests or should they be
> similar to the existing tests?

I had forgotten the old dblook tests were not in JUnit :( Converting
those adds a not insignificant extra amount of work for you..

Maybe you could first build the new tests in JUnit, and if you have
time, convert the old test cases at the end of your effort, maybe the
old tests will be fully superceded by your tests in any case.

If you think converting the old tests will definitely be too much work
given the time remaining, augmenting the present tests is also
acceptable, I think. The community could convert them to JUnit
later. I think it is more important that you get new tests in at all,
than what format they are in.

Obviously, we would prefer JUnit ;-) since we are trying to get rid of
the canon based tests.

Thanks again for your efforts!

Dag