db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Myrna van Lunteren <m.v.lunte...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Japanese and Brazilian document sources missing from Derby source distributions
Date Mon, 10 Aug 2009 19:30:00 GMT
On Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 12:17 PM, Rick Hillegas<Richard.Hillegas@sun.com> wrote:
> The Japanese and Brazilian document sources are not included in Derby source
> distributions. I have verified this for the following releases:
>
>  10.3.3.0
>  10.4.1.3
>  10.5.1.1
>  10.5.2.0
>
> The Japanese and Brazilian documents are built and included in the bin
> distributions. However, if you rebuild a release from the source
> distribution, the resulting bin distribution will not contain the Japanese
> and Brazilian documents.
>
> This asymmetry puzzles me. Did we decide to exclude the Japanese and
> Brazilian document sources?
>
> Thanks,
> -Rick

Hm...
Does that mean that it's included with 10.4.2.0 or you didn't look at 10.4.2.0?
But idle musings aside, I didn't pay attention to that when I tested
the build from src distribution last couple of releases...

I know we talked about the Japanese/Brazilian documents, I think
perhaps it's more confusing than helpful to have outdated docs with a
newer release, but you thought they still had a use, so - certainly
for the last couple of releases - I didn't conciously change this.
And asymmetry is not good...

Myrna