db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Myrna van Lunteren <m.v.lunte...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Japanese characters on the ASF Derby site garbled again
Date Thu, 06 Aug 2009 14:40:13 GMT
On Thu, Aug 6, 2009 at 3:24 AM, Kristian Waagan<Kristian.Waagan@sun.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I noticed that the Japanese characters on the manuals page of the ASF Derby
> site got garbled again in the last commit. I went in and backed out the
> changes made to manuals/index.html. They should be visible shortly.
>
> I think we have talked about this issue before, and couldn't really
> determine if the problem was with the platform used to build the site or
> with an environment setting. This is maybe something the next person to
> update the site should watch out for, and we should consider adding
> something in the instructions to help avoid this happening in the future.
>

> Regards,
> --
> Kristian

Hm,

I think I put this in the instructions on
http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/DerbySnapshotOrRelease after the
trouble last time, re "Update
src/documentation/content/xdocs/manuals/index.xml: Add the link to the
version's manuals (which you uploaded in the previous step)."
--------------------------
 Before checking in changes to the build/site/manuals/index.html, be
careful to check for changes to other areas than those actually
modified - especially the japanese characters; some builds may garble
this.

Maybe Kathey did not see this or did not see anything wrong with the
index.html...

Any suggestions on how to improve that? It's probably too vague?
Maybe a link to your commits, Kristian?

Myrna