db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Myrna van Lunteren <m.v.lunte...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: release-10.5.2.0.html not getting copied with forrest build
Date Sat, 01 Aug 2009 17:06:28 GMT
On Fri, Jul 31, 2009 at 3:58 PM, Kathey
Marsden<kmarsdenderby@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> Kathey Marsden wrote:
>>
>> I am having a problem that
>> src/documentation/content/xdocs/releases/release-10.5.2.0.html is not
>> getting copied with my forrest build.  I created it and did an svn add in
>> the src directory but it does not get copied to builds/site/releases with
>> the build.
>>
> Sorry for the noise.  On rebuilding I see it now. Maybe I forgot to copy
> over from $FORREST_HOME/main/site, but I thought I had. Anyway it seems to
> be there now.
> The current complaint on svn add is:
>
> svn: File 'release-10.5.2.0.html' has inconsistent newlines
> svn: Inconsistent line ending style
>
> I'll ignore that for now as html seems to be viewable in my browser.
>
>> The documentation warns that the cgi file won't get copied unless you add
>> a link to derby_downloads.xml which I did and the cgi file  seems to get
>> copied fine, but I don't actually have a link to the html file so it doesn't
>> seem to get picked up.   Do I need to reference it somewhere? If so where?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Kathey

I suspect this file has the same trouble as the Release Notes - it's
flagged in svn as svn-eol-style native, but then the tool that
generates it (ant in MKS?) only adds linux style line-endings, and you
either have to figure out how remove the miscellaneous ^Ms or use
dos2unix and then unix2dos. cygwin has dos2unix available. MKS
doesn't.

Myrna