db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <Richard.Hille...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Stored Procedures & Functions
Date Thu, 20 Aug 2009 12:53:24 GMT
Shazin Sadakath wrote:
> Thanks, Rick it helped alot.
>
> I have some more question regarding Stored procedures and Functions.
> Where can I find the DataTypes used in Stored Procedures and Functions?
Hi Shazin,

DataDictionaryImpl declares the datatypes of arguments and return types
for the system functions and procedures. The Derby datatypes are
declared in the calls to DataDictionaryImpl.
createSystemProcedureOrFunction().

These Derby datatypes map to Java datatypes in the actual static methods
which are bound to the system routines. The Java datatypes are just the
signatures of the corresponding static methods in SystemProcedures.

> And How can get I get the database schema UUID ??
I think you are asking about how to get the UUID of the SYSCS_UTIL
schema. That is the constant value
SchemaDescriptor.SYSCS_UTIL_SCHEMA_UUID. The UUIDs for the system
schemas are filled in by DataDictionaryImpl.getBuiltinSystemSchemas().

Hope this helps,
-Rick