db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kim Haase <Camilla.Ha...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: VALUE a synonym for COALESCE, document?
Date Mon, 10 Aug 2009 17:58:51 GMT
Neither COALESCE nor VALUE is documented currently (except for a mention
in an error message).

Looking at DERBY-495, it appears that the doc effort stalled for lack of
answers to a couple questions --

I gather VALUE as a synonym of COALESCE is not in the SQL standard, but
COALESCE itself is? Should we mention VALUE, then?

What does the SQL standard say about the one-argument form? Is it

If we can resolve these, we can go ahead with documenting it.