db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <Richard.Hille...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: DERBY-4331 and the 10.5.2.0 release
Date Fri, 07 Aug 2009 12:44:41 GMT
Kathey Marsden wrote:
> Rick Hillegas wrote:
>> Kathey Marsden wrote:
>>>
>> I don't really care what we call it. There is no reason that the
>> release notes have to describe the delta between the current release
>> and the immediately preceding one. I can build a 10.5.3.0 whose
>> release notes describes its delta from 10.5.1.1.
>>

> I think that would be ok but would prefer if there were separate
> sections for each release.  That way it would be clear where
> DERBY-4331 was fixed.
>
> Kathey

I'm planning to highlight the small number of extra bugs which were
fixed after 10.5.2.1--perhaps just by making them bold or maybe by
separating them out into their own section as you suggest. That should
be useful for the small number of users who will be upgrading from
10.5.2.1 and for our own archeology in the future.

Regards,
-Rick