db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Jean T. Anderson" <...@bristowhill.com>
Subject Re: DERBY-4331 and the 10.5.2.0 release
Date Thu, 06 Aug 2009 19:43:16 GMT
Kathey Marsden wrote:
> Now that we have fixes  for both DERBY-3926 and DERBY4331 in the
> trunk.  I hope we can restart this discussion with better options,
> which hopefully will avoid the need for the funny JavaDB non-fork
> fork.     Current options as I see them. 1) Pull 10.5.2.0 off the
> website, cut 10.5.2.1 with the fix and short vote with Rick as release
> manager.
> 2) Move 10.5.2.0 down to the deprecated section.  cut 10.5.3.0 with
> short vote with Rick as release manager.
>
> I think I prefer option 2 as we don't try to erase the history of the
> vote or the release being on the website, but I can accept either
> approach.

there's actually no way to erase the history of the vote -- that history
remains forever in the public derby-dev mail archives at the ASF and at
umpteen mirrors world wide. And the web site update gets a subversion
commit record.

What's the big deal? The release happened,  but there's no reason you
can't quickly follow up with another release with bug fixes.

-jean