db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: DERBY-4331 and the 10.5.2.0 release
Date Thu, 06 Aug 2009 17:52:32 GMT
Tiago Espinha wrote:
> In my opinion we'd have a mix of both options. We could keep 10.5.2.0
> on the site just for history's sake and introduce the 10.5.2.1 at the
> same time, with the DERBY-4331 fix.
>
> I'm just suggesting this because it seems a little extreme to bump the
> version up to 10.5.3 with virtually no relevant changes other than
> DERBY-4331.

Typically we always bump the third digit for an official release, so I
think is good to stick with that if 10.5.2.0 stays up there.   The last
digit is used generally for unofficial snapshots or respun release
candidates.

There are other fixes that have gone into 10.5 since the  release, most
notably DERBY-4312.
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&&pid=10594&fixfor=12314117&resolution=1&sorter/field=issuekey&sorter/order=DESC

It might be nice to see a few more like DERBY-4310,  but that can be
ironed out after we develop a general strategy.

Kathey