db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: DERBY-4331 and the 10.5.2.0 release
Date Thu, 06 Aug 2009 16:57:29 GMT
Dag H. Wanvik wrote:
> Myrna van Lunteren <m.v.lunteren@gmail.com> writes:
>

>> I personally don't care for a release that has either DERBY-3926 or
>> DERBY-4331 in it.

Now that we have fixes  for both DERBY-3926 and DERBY4331 in the trunk.
I hope we can restart this discussion with better options, which
hopefully will avoid the need for the funny JavaDB non-fork fork.
Current options as I see them.
1) Pull 10.5.2.0 off the website, cut 10.5.2.1 with the fix and short
vote with Rick as release manager.
2) Move 10.5.2.0 down to the deprecated section.  cut 10.5.3.0 with
short vote with Rick as release manager.

I think I prefer option 2 as we don't try to erase the history of the
vote or the release being on the website, but I can accept either approach.

Kathey